||What it means in Troop 1
|Assist the Patrol Leader in the following:
- Planning and leading patrol meetings and activities.
- Keeping the patrol members informed.
- Preparing your patrol to take part in Troop activities.
- Assist your patrol leader by following through on assigned duties.
- Keep informed.
- Make sure you know what is going on so you can help out.
|Assume responsibilities of the patrol leader in his absence
- Know what the Patrol Leader is suppose to do and fill in for him when he is absent.
|Represent the patrol at the PLC in the absence of the Patrol Leader.
- n the absence of your Patrol Leader, represent and vote for your patrol at the PLC.
- Attend at LEAST two PLC meetings with the patrol leader present to learn the process and procedures.
- Learn to create and use Troop 1 meeting plan template.
|Work with other troop leaders to make the troop run well.
- Make sure you know what you are supposed to do and do it well.
- Help whenever you can to maintain discipline.
|Develop patrol spirit.
- Have your patrol flag at all troop and patrol activities.
- Have a patrol yell.
- Have skits ready for outing campfires.
- Have cheers ready for outing campfires.
- Have songs ready for outing campfires.
- Assist troop chaplain in Scout Own Service during outings when necessary.
|Keep others informed:
- Call the patrol members each week to check they are following up on their assignments and communicate program information.
- Be sure to let your APL know if you are going to be absent so he can fill in for you.
- Make sure he knows what is supposed to happen and what responsibilities the patrol has.
|Set a good example:
- Be the first to reflect the scout sign.
- Maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Exhibit good self-discipline.
- Have a good attendance record.
- Meet your obligations on time and in full effort.
- Have fun but not at the expense of everyone. Goofing off without purpose wastes time and looses the interest and respect of the other scouts.
- REMEMBER: The troop will follow your example.
|Wear the uniform correctly:
- Always conform to the Troop 1 uniform policy.
|Show Scout Spirit:
- Use the Scout Oath and Law as an everyday guideline.
- Actively participate in the activities of Troop 1.
- Set an example for the other Scouts to follow.